The Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame

Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Adrienne Nguyen_Eiffel Tower at Rue de l'Universite_Travel to Paris_Solo Travel_Eiffel Tower View

Bonjour! This post has sure been a long time coming! The pictures here were taken June 2022 and I've since travelled to Paris again this year! After traveling to Paris in 2023, I can say that tourism is running at high capacity. The crowds felt more dense at all the tourist hot spots and traffic felt worse this time round. I visited many of the same locations featured in this post!

I started my morning by hopping into an Uber to Place du Trocadéro where I was immediately greeted with mesmerizing views of the Eiffel TowerBelow is a short vlog of my day around the city along with some selfies and snaps. Click "Continue Reading."


Eiffel Tower from Place du Trocadero_Perfect Eiffel Tower Picture Spot_Adrienne Nguyen

I found that the amount of tourists became much more sparse between Place du Trocadéro and the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately, there is a lot of construction in this area today due to preparations for the 2024 Olympics in Paris.

Adrienne Nguyen in Paris at Place du Trocadero_Eiffel Tower_What to do in Paris
Place du Trocadero_Eiffel Tower_Adrienne Nguyen
Adrienne Nguyen_Eiffel Tower_Place du Trocadero_Red White and Blue

After snapping numerous photos with the Eiffel Tower from Place du Trocadéro, it was time to make my way towards the iron lattice.

Eiffel Tower_Adrienne Nguyen_Paris

After reading numerous blogs about the best photo spots with the Eiffel Tower, I ventured towards Rue de l'Université which is on the left of the Eiffel Tower if you're walking from Pont d'léna.

Adrienne Nguyen in front of Eiffel Tower at Rue de l'University_Paris
Eiffel Tower from Rue de l'Universite_Adrienne Nguyen_Paris Travel
Recrutement Cafe in Paris_Eiffel Tower View_Where to take pictures with the Eiffel Tower in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen

Another famous location to capture pictures with the Eiffel Tower is Le Recutement. Unfortunately, with all the vehicles zipping through the narrow road, I was unable to snap any pictures of myself at this infamous location... especially since I was traveling solo!

French Cheese_Cheese in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen

I randomly stumbled upon a little open air market and saw so many food options!

Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen

Of course, I couldn't pass up going inside boulangeries, patisseries, and viennoiseries! Below are snaps of some of the shops I visited. Did I eat lots of tarts and cakes? Yes. Yes, I did.

French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen
French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Viennoiserie
French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Pain aux Raisin_Bread_BAguette_Viennoiserie
French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Macaroons in Paris_Pierre Herme
French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Fruit Tarts
French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Tarte aux Framboises_Raspberries_Chocolate Cake
French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Fruit Cake_Chocolate Cake_French Cake
French Bakery_Boulangerie and Patisserie in Paris_Cakes and Tarts_What to Eat in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Eric Kayser
Door knobs in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen

I came across some of the most beautiful door knobs! This is giving me so much inspiration for my future home!

Door knobs in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen
Door Knobs in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen
Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Luxembourg Gardens

After eating some desserts, it was time for an actual meal! I went into yet another boulangerie, La Parisienne Madame. I ordered one of the formule déjeuner which is a set lunch (sandwich + dessert + drink). I walked to the Jardin du Luxembourg for a solo picnic. It was pretty hot so I found a nice spot on a bench in the shade. I enjoyed people watching and made some acquaintances during my time there.

Pastries in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen
Eating a Sandwich at Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen
Medici Fountain at the Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris_adrienne nguyen

I wanted to explore the beautiful gardens so I walked around without a map. Little did I know that I would come upon the Medici Fountain! It is such a serene area... no wonder why people pull up chairs to admire this sight! If you are walking around the gardens, there are a lot of people just lounging around. It's amazing contrast to American culture. People in Paris actually enjoy life... taking it slow... enjoying the simple things!

Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris_adrienne nguyen

After admiring the gardens, it was off to my next destination. I could wander all day through Paris without a map. There is so much to look at, do and eat!

Solo Travel to Paris_adrienne nguyen

Guess where I went to next!

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris_Adrienne Nguyen

The Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris! It's still under construction after the fire but it's beautiful nevertheless. If you want to learn a little bit about the history of the building, the fire, and the reconstruction, you can find that all around the Notre-Dame.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris_adrienne Nguyen
Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris_adrienne nguyen

If you want pictures void of people, do not stand directly in front of the cathedral. Venture out a bit further and this little wall actually blocks everyone in front!

Eiffel Tower in Paris_adrienne Nguyen
Le Bon Marche Stairs in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen

No day in Paris is complete without visiting the mall! This was at Le Bon Marché. It's a very high-end store that houses some of the most coveted items and brands!

Le Bon Marche_Paris_Adrienne Nguyen
Place du Trocadero_Eiffel Tower_Adrienne Nguyen
Eiffel Tower from Rue de l'Universite_Where to Take Pictures with the Eiffel Tower_Adrienne Nguyen
The Little Prince Store in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen

One of the novellas I read in AP French was Le Petit Prince. At first glance, you may think it's a children's book however, the overarching theme about life is deep. I won't spoil it for you but it's a very short read and there's a lot of symbolism throughout! 

The Little Prince Store in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Le Petit Prince Magasin a Paris_Parisian Shopping
Baguettes in Paris_Boulangerie
Croissant in Paris_Boulangerie in Paris_Adrienne Nguyen_Food in Paris

Before heading back to the hotel, I stopped by another boulangerie and grabbed some more goodies including the baguette and croissant above!

Banksy Musem in Paris_adrienne nguyen

There is a Banksy Museum/Exhibition in Paris if you're interested in the infamous graffiti artist!

I haven't blogged in quite some time but I do update my Instagram and YouTube quite often. Make sure to follow and subscribe to me on my other socials! 

Adrienne Nguyen_Vince Silk Sleeveless Top_Veronica Beard High waisted Jeans_Leopard Karl Lagerfeld Flats_Marc Jacobs Snapshot crossbody_Chanel Sunglasses
Locks in Paris_Eiffel Tower_Adrienne Nguyen

Shop the Look

Marc Jacobs Snapshot (exact) // Vince Silk Top (exact - different color) // Veronica Beard Jeans (similar) // Karl Lagerfeld Leopard Calfskin Flats (similar) // Mejuri Herringbone Necklace (exact) // Lock Charm Necklace (similar) // Chanel Sunnies


XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

0 Comments