The Bean in Chicago, Illinois

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Bean in Chicago_Cloud Gate_what to do in CHicago_Adrienne Nguyen

The Windy City sure lives up to its name! I attended a conference in Chicago earlier this year and managed to squeeze in some activities! I read an article stating that there will be limited access to The Bean until Spring 2024 due to construction starting mid-August! Glad I visited this infamous sculpture at Millennium Park prior to the restricted access... Imagine how difficult it will be to snap pictures now. Click "Continue Reading" to watch my vlog and see additional pictures!


Chicago_Adrienne Nguyen

The purpose of my trip to Chicago was to attend an annual conference, DDW.  Above and below is one of the looks I wore and it both elongated my legs and kept me warm. It was chilly outside however, the convention center, regardless of heat, was warm due to the amount of people roaming the space.

Adrienne Nguyen_DDW_Push Back on PBC_Chicago_fashion blogger
Tulips in Chicago_Adrienne Nguyen

It was tulip season in Chicago! I was surprised with the sheer number of tulips planted around the city. If you're in town during Spring, you can find them in front of buildings, street medians/dividers, and along the street. Some are part of the beautification project and there were art installations on Michigan Avenue as well.

Tulips in Chicago_MAy_Spring in Chicago_Adrienne Nguyen_Chicago Travel Blogger
Adrienne Nguyen_Chicago Tulip Season_Chicago Blogger
Windy City_Chicago from Above_Adrienne Nguyen

The weather in Chicago was unpredictable. It was hot and humid on one moment then overcast and raining the next. I'm glad I brought my raincoat! This was taken from my hotel, Swissotel Chicago.

Swissotel_City life_Night in Hotel_City from Above at Night_Chicago at Night
Chicago Penthouse View_Chicago from Above_Riverwalk in Chicago_Adrienne Nguyen
Adrienne Nguyen_Old money outfit in chicago_Quiet luxury_classy fashion

I walked most of Chicago! The only time I used an Uber/Taxi was to and fro the airport or convention center!

Architecture in Chicago_Chicago Blogger
Museum in Chicago_Adrienne Nguyen
Chicago Navy Pier_adrienne nguyen

The Navy Pier in Chicago was walkable from my hotel so I decided to make the journey one night after dinner. It was terribly windy but I was greeted with an amazing view of the city.

Chicago Riverwalk_adrienne nguyen
Chicago Riverwalk_adrienne nguyen
Riverwalk_Adrienne Nguyen_Old Money Outfit for Cold Weather_Chicago Blogger_Tulips in CHicago
Chicago Theater Sign_Chicago_Broadway_adrienne nguyen

No trip to Chicago would be complete without visiting the Chicago Theater and taking a picture of the sign!

Sweater Dress_Adrienne nguyen
Chicago cityscape_concrete jungle_chicago blogger
Adrienne Nguyen_Old Money Outfit for Cold Weather_Chicago Blogger_Tulips in CHicago
The Bean in Millennium Park in Chicago
Abraham Lincoln in Chicago
The Bean in Millennium Park_Adrienne Nguyen_Old Money Outfit for Cold Weather_Chicago Blogger_Tulips in CHicago
The Bean in Millennium Park_Adrienne Nguyen_Old Money Outfit for Cold Weather_Chicago Blogger_Tulips in CHicago

I found The Bean empty around 6PM. In hindsight, I understand why. As soon as the sun begins to set, it gets extremely dangerous.

Adrienne Nguyen_Old Money Outfit for Cold Weather_Chicago Blogger_Tulips in CHicago
Adrienne Nguyen_Old Money Outfit for Cold Weather_Chicago Blogger_Tulips in CHicago
Tulips in Chicago_Tulip Season in America_Adrienne Nguyen_Chicago Blogger

// Marc Jacobs Snapshot crossbody (exact) // J/Slides Platform sneakers (exact) //

More outfit information on my LTK.

XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

0 Comments