Graduation | Biological Sciences

Saturday, June 18, 2016


922 students, including myself, graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences from the University of California, Irvine. Four years went by rapidly. I can still recall my first class at UCI, Bio 93: DNA to Organisms, with Professor O'Dowd and Professor Warrior. The lecture hall was intimidating since there were over 400 students per class and contacting the professors outside of class seemed impossible. The fun thing about big classes is that you will meet someone new each session. After Organic Chemistry, the classes gradually became smaller and by senior year, the classes I took had 35 students enrolled (at most 100). For those who do not know, the saying amongst Biology students is: If you can't survive Organic Chemistry, you won't make it as a Biology Major. It's the harsh truth. Anyways, if I could repeat my college education, I would definitely enroll in more smaller classes as opposed to larger ones. Speaking from experience, I acquired much more knowledge and I got to know my professors personally. Do I have any regrets? Sure I do. I wish I put more time toward my studies however, the one thing I I truly regret is the lack of "life" I had in college. Yes, I did do many things outside of school... I WAS NOT that crazy nerd you always see in the corner of the library. Just wish I enjoyed my time in college a bit more.

Graduation marks the beginning of my journey, not the end. I am anxious and excited about what the future has in store for me. 


Turning of our tassels! Right to Left!
My final ZOT, ZOT, ZOT!
Can you spot me? :D
ZOT, ZOT, ZOT!! 
ANTEATER FOR LIFE!

  

You Might Also Like

0 Comments