Air Canada Business Class 2022

Tuesday, September 27, 2022


You can watch my travel debacle on YouTube and/or continue reading this post! I took pictures all of my meals on my flight with Air Canada Business from San Diego, CA to Manchester, England.


Air Canada Business Class

I flew on Air Canada Business Class from San Diego to Montreal during the first leg of my flight. This was at the end of June 2022 and Air Canada, or rather the entire country, still had a mask mandate. Masks, sanitizer and sanitary wipes were provided to us (at our seats) along with a water bottle. 

Air Canada Business Class Lunch Menu_Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada Business Class Lunch Meal from San Diego to Canada_Adrienne Nguyen

The appetizer was a simple mixed greens and quinoa salad. I tried the balsamic vinaigrette but to be frank, it tasted a bit odd. I decided to eat it without any dressing since my main course was salty; the combination work really well! I was offered bread from the basket and although I am a bread aficionado, this looked like a filling meal. Nevertheless, I gobbled my food up faster than I would like to admit including the decadent chocolate cake. 

Air Canada_Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada Lounge Montreal_Adrienne Nguyen

I landed in Montreal and had a 2 hour layover so I decided to check out the lounge. The receptionist directed me to the host who immediately checked in my carry on bag and asked me where I wanted to sit. There are two different dining options and locations 1) waiter-service full dining menu 2) buffet style. The host informed me that it would take 2-3 hours for the full service of food so I opted for the buffet style. Though the options were limited, I thoroughly enjoyed whatever I ate from the glass jar.. unfortunately, I cannot recall the name. 

Once I finished my meal, I caught up on some work and boarded my flight from Montreal to Manchester. 

Air Canada Montreal_Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada Business Class_Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada Business Class_ Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada Business Class_ Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada Business Class_ Adrienne Nguyen

The service on Air Canada Business Class from Montreal to Manchester was top tier. Each dish was brought out by the stewardess depending on how fast or slow you ate. I never felt rushed! Each passenger is monitored on whether or not they finished their appetizer/starter and once finished, the plate would be cleared for the main dish. Same goes for dessert! The service is similar to what you would experience at a restaurant.

Air Canada Business Class_ Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada Business Class_ Adrienne Nguyen

Let's get into the lie-flat seat. 

Imagine an aerial view of the plane, I chose the left side of the business cabin because I was not visible to any other passengers; the middle and right side face each other. However, the seats are arranged in herringbone style so the chances of you making eye contact with each other are low though may still be possible. I value privacy so I chose the left. Just an FYI, it's a 1:1:1 configuration. The "bed" was a bit stiff but roomy. I didn't like the fact that there wasn't adequate storage space for your personal belongings. Yes, I could have placed this at the compartment below my feet but that would make my bag susceptible to potential theft. I ended up placing my bag next to my head which was fine since there was a good amount of space.

Air Canada International Business Class_Adrienne Nguyen
Air Canada_Business Class Breakfast Meal_Adrienne Nguyen

I chose a very healthy fruit breakfast which tasted delightfully fresh.

Manchester International Airport_Pret_Adrienne Nguyen

I'm sure you have read or experienced the horror of summer travel 2022. My flight on Air Canada was delayed by 2 hours resulting in a missed connection. I grabbed my checked bag off the conveyor belt and went down a rabbit hole of trying to book the next flight out. I was on hold for nearly 3 hours (my phone bill was lovely) and was told the next flight would be the following morning for an additional $2,000. I was re-routed to 3 different people and I finally reached the supervisor who got me on the next flight without any fees.

Radisson Blu Manchester Airport_Adrienne Nguyen

Since I didn't want to spend the night at the airport, I went on a hunt for a room at nearby hotels. I believe I went to 4 different hotels because finding an available room at the last minute was next to impossible. From incorrect information on websites, Ubers unable to grab me due to accidents on the road and so much more headache, I reached the Radisson Blu. I was desperate and the receptionist asked her manager if there was anything they could do since they were sold out. He checked the system and found a cancellation. I booked it faster than anything in my life. I was tired and running on very little sleep. I eventually got a room and instead of exploring, I stayed in and ordered room service. 

Adrienne Nguyen_Radisson Blu Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Manchester Airport_Adrienne Nguyen
Manchester International Airport Departures_Adrienne Nguyen

I woke up at 3AM to ensure I made it onto my flight to Brussels. Little did I realize that a couple other hundred passengers would be doing the same. There is a way to get into Terminal 2 from the hotel however, the queue was absurdly long. Passengers and hotel staff found out I was Ubering to the front of the airport and thought I was insane. Spending 10 pounds was definitely worth avoiding that twisting line.

Brussels Airlines_Adrienne Nguyen
Brussels Airlines_Adrienne Nguyen Business Class Breakfast

I also flew business on Brussels Airlines and the flight crew was great! The breakfast was what I would consider a basic "American breakfast" sans meat or cheese. I did like the jam, yogurt and of course, the Belgian waffle cookies!

Brussels Airlines Business Class_Adrienne Nguyen
Brussels Airlines Business Class _Adrienne Nguyen
Brussels International Airport_Adrienne Nguyen
Brussels International Airport_Adrienne Nguyen

Stay tuned as my journey continues!

XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

0 Comments