NYFW Favorites - S/S 2016

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Did any of you attend NYFW?! There were so many great collections and the new Skylight locations looked very similar to the Lincoln Center - the interior, at least. I'm not sure what the weather in New York City was like but I'm certain it was better than the unpleasant humid weather we experienced (and still are) in Southern California.

Over the years, I fell out of love with some brands but this season re-ignited my affection towards certain collections! I also found myself addicted to some new brands such as Mansur Gavriel.

I hope you guys enjoy this round-up of my favorite looks from NYFW's Spring Summer 2016 collections!

Alice + Olivia
My love for all things by Alice + Olivia began when I was in high school. I would always gaze at her collection at the mall and wonder where I would ever be able to wear her pieces. Of course, Gossip Girl only made me crave her clothes even more. Designer Stacey Bendet was inspired by the desert and conjured up these luxe bohemian looks for her presentation at NYFW. My favorite look has to be the asymmetrical dress with rose appliqués and fringe! I can envision myself wearing this dress during a hot summer night in Italy...walking on cobblestone streets to the sound of music in the distance. But that's just me and my imagination. Back to reality, I can see myself imitating the last look pictured here. I already have wide legged trousers so all I need now is a matching colored top and hat!

Altuzarra
I fell in love with Joseph Altuzarra's collection in college which provided me with inspiration for work attire. Though I must admit, the only things I own from Alutuzarra was from his collaboration with Target, they still embody the femininity shown throughout each season. I felt that the incorporation of weightless fabric into work clothes was very appropriate for Spring. My favorite look from this season has to be the head to toe orange look. Bold? Yes. But then again. Fashion is about taking risks. Why not stand out from the predominately black and blue crowd?

Badgley Mischka
Badgley Mischka can never do wrong. From bags to clothes, their beautifully tailored clothes always express a sense of sophistication. Mark Badgley and James Mischka really let classic silhouettes inspire their S/S 2016 collection. I am in love with the first look! I can see myself wearing this to work, out for a lunch date, a picnic, or just a casual day out! The hint of black at the "bow-belt" really made this outfit pop out from the rest!

Banana Republic
I own quite a number of things from Banana Republic but most of them are basics. Sure, I style and pile up during Fall but I must say, the styling and layering for this collection is impeccable. Marissa Webb's incorporation of new patterns is definitely different from things I typically see in stores and I definitely think it's a good thing!

Carolina Herrera
I'm sensing a little 70's vibe from Carolina Herrera's Spring Summer 2016 collection! Herrera stated that she wanted to avoid patterns this season therefore, she utilized a very soft color palette - I'm loving the pastel rose pink! I love the hippie era with short shift dresses and daisies scattered all around however, I definitely prefer this take on the 70's. My favorite look has to the the first one featuring a very sheer pink long dress with gold buttons along with a very delicate dress. Just imagine having a light breeze passing by on a cool Spring day!

Cushnie et Ochs
This is the first time I've heard of this brand but I am in love with this look! I love the off-shoulder top action as well as the over-sized bow headband. White after Labor Day? Rules were meant to be broken!

Cynthia Rowley
Though Cynthia Rowley did not have a live fashion show or presentation, these pictures definitely made up for it! The bold colors and pops of metallic make her collection shine - no pun intended! Structured pieces, soft fabrics, comfy looks were all part of present this season! My favorite is the asymmetrical burnt orange dress with metallic prints! Personally, I would not pair that dress with those sneakers - possibly some simple hot pink high-heeled sandals for a night out.

Delpozo

How can you not love these unique pieces? Josep Font's utilization of sheer fabric along with distinct shapes makes the delpozo RTW collection mesmerizing! Even though I love the first look featured here, I do not see myself wearing that dress anywhere. However, I can definitely see myself in this second look - it's both feminine and classy with a splash of fun!
Diane von Furstenburg
The clothes, the bags, the signature DVF sandals... what's not to love!? I am always in awe of how much I can relate to the looks or what I can learn from pattern mixing! The third look is very simple and casual but it has a touch of elegance - something very wearable to school. But I must say that I love the first look - the mixing of fabrics and patterns is so appealing!

Erin Fetherston
I can honestly see myself in every single piece of this collection! This was the first show I watched live stream this season and watching these pieces move on the runway was magical - I would definitely recommend watching this show on the NYFW website if you haven't! There's an airy feeling to these looks and it's the perfect collection for Spring. It's just impossible for me to pick a single favorite from Erin Fetherson's Spring Summer 2016 line!

Halston Heritage
Location, photography, and post-editing can make or break a lookbook. In this case, these pieces look exceptionally gorgeous. I love the angles as well as the hue of all these pictures. Creative Director Marie Mazelis incorporated some Hollywood glamour to these looks and the soft fabrics were in full swing. My favorite is the last look with accordion pleats. I love the orchid colored dress and maybe it's the door that makes this outfit work but this look is just perfect.

J. Crew
Pattern mixing done right! Stripes, gingham and checks can been seen throughout the entire collection. Even though I love the clothes, does anyone else love these shoes as much as I do!? Sure, they may not be the most practical things but they're just too adorable! As for looks, my favorite is the second to last. As a petite girl, I love anything that can elongate my figure and those wide legged striped trousers could do the trick! I also love the half-tuck striped top to make the look seem more casual.

Jason Wu
Ruffles cascading down both sides of dresses, soft textured fabric, cropped sweaters and structured clean pieces... Jason Wu's collection has it all! Perfect for a day out in the sun, casual work day, or off to school! I love the Bittersweet shimmer from the sleeveless blazer in the third look. Every girl loves showing off her curves so the black belt at the waist is perfect for just that! I would definitely wear this for a casual day out and possibly to school!

Jenny Packham
Florals, florals, florals! The intricate detail behind each dress is just breathtaking. Now if only I had an event to wear any of these pieces! I adore the second look. I've been on the lookout for some good white trousers - I have white skinny jeans and cigarette pants but I really do want something bootcut or flare. But I digress. The sheer dress or tunic, I'm not sure based on this picture, goes great with the white pants in this look!

Jeremy Scott
Wild thang. Is it just me or does this collection have some Moschino inspiration. Yes, I know Jeremy Scott is also the Creative Director at Moschino but it seems as if the two could be sister companies. I do love the 60's vibe to this collection though. Bold, young and beautiful - it's as if these models stepped out from an old Hollywood TV show! I love the simple shift dress in the third look! These dresses are my go-to for school or a day out when I absolutely have nothing to wear!

Kate Spade
Kate Spade always has the cutest bags and clutches but her clothes are amazing too! I can see Blair Waldorf wearing the tiered ruffled dress in the second look to one of her events. Oh, if only I were a socialite in NYC - a girl can dream, right? The pail of roses in the first look is adorable! I have no idea if it's a clutch but if it is, I need it in my life!

M Missoni
I know this doesn't exactly feature the signature Missoni chevron stripes but it is just too cute! It's the perfect dress for a lazy day! Running to the airport or just running errands - it looks comfy! Both the bag and shoes are also on point!

Marchesa Notte
I actually prefer this collection, Marchesa Notte, to the primary Marchesa collection. I love the very feminine pieces in this collection but isn't Marchesa always about expressing femininity? I would love to see the second look on bridesmaids - it's just so delicate and beautiful! The simple appliqué over the chest and abdominal area and the sheer fabric screams wedding! However, my favorite look is the third dress - I'm sensing a little inspiration from Halle Berry's Ellie Saab Oscar dress. Nevertheless, this piece of art is perfect.

Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta always impresses! I adore the black and white top in the first look with a belt cinching the waist it can be worn as is and mixed with some trousers for a more casual look. I also love the floral skirt in the second look which I would wear to a lunch date or to work!

Rachel Zoe
Get the bohemian princess look with Rachel Zoe! Tassels, fringe, and pure tones. These looks are perfect for Coachella! The plus side, they seem super light and airy so you won't be dying if scorching temperatures appear in Spring! These dresses are definitely "ready-to-wear" and are perfect with sandals!

Rebecca Minkoff
Structured shift dresses with grommets and ties are so alluring - especially in white! I'm seeing a lot of short 70's inspired shift dresses this season and I"m so glad they're making a comeback! I also love the flared pants in the second look. Aside from the clothes, I love the second model's hair - the color and style are just too perfect!

Reem Acra
I'm sensing a lot of culture for Reem Acra's Spring 2016 collection. Acra, a Lebanon native, incorporated many Middle Eastern details into her pieces - from bold prints, belts, gold necklaces, and patterns. Each look appears as if they were meticulously crafted and underwent a tremendous amount of inspection before hitting the runway. Definitely bold and definitely one of my favorites during NYFW Spring/Summer 2016.

Tory Burch
 Loving the tassel- trimmed pieces, bold pops of color, and airy fabrics in the Spring 2016 Tory Burch collection. I love the first dress since it's work appropriate - it also works for casual lunch dates. However, my favorite has to be the second look. I can see myself wearing this dress for a cool night out along the French Riviera - romantic, elegant, and effortless!

*ALL PICTURES BELONG TO VOGUE.COM*
No copyright infringement is intended.

This is a collection of my favorite looks from the NYFW Spring/Summer 2016 shows.



You Might Also Like

0 Comments