Blue Dome in Imerovigli - Church of the Resurrection of the Lord

Friday, February 23, 2024

Blue Dome in Imerovigli (Church of the Resurrection of the Lord)_Santorini Blue Domes_What to do in Santorini_Greek Islands_Greece Travel_Yellow Dress and Blue Dome_Santorini in October_Adrienne Nguyen

If you read my previous post, you're aware that I stayed at Olia Villa & Suites in Imerovigli. Little did I know, prior to exploring my area, that I was quite literally just a few steps away from the Blue Dome of Imerovigli otherwise known as the Church of the Resurrection of the Lord. My hotel and room overall did not have a lot of foot traffic passing through the narrow walkway in front. We occasionally saw a tour group pass through or people taking engagement pictures diagonally from our plunge pool. Most visitors who come to take pictures at this spot enter from a path above that has narrow stairs and isn't very pedestrian friendly, especially for those with difficulty walking. Since I could leap here from the entrance of my room, I went early in the morning and no one was there. It was cool at 8AM but still warm enough for me not to freeze for these pictures. Don't you think the bougainvillea tree made it that much more special?


Blue Domes in Santorini_Caldera View of Santorini at Sunrise_Aegean Sea_Caldera View in Imerovigli Santorini_Adrienne Nguyen

Right after, I went home to change into another maxi dress to walk to Fira, the capital of Santorini! It's a relatively short walk and the views are mesmerizing! This was a random walkway to another hotel!

Steps in Santorini_Blue Gingham Maxi Dress and Sun Hat in Santorini_Imerovigli_Oia_Fira_Thera_Santorini_Greece_Greek Islands_Aegean Sea




XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

0 Comments