What To Wear to ASHP Midyear

Friday, May 06, 2022

Adrienne Nguyen_Pharmaceutical Industry

Hello everyone! It's been quite some time since I posted any pharmacy related material on my page. With the pandemic consuming our lives for the past 2 years, I put all of my ASHP Midyear content on pause. It just felt out of touch since things were taking place virtually and my experience at ASHP Midyear Las Vegas 2019 was not exactly applicable to applicants during the pandemic. However, it looks like the annual conference will be held in person this year in... LAS VEGAS!

I wanted to shed some light on attire since this is something I find perplexing. No... I don't mean it's rocket science but there are so many YouTube videos and forums on what you shouldn't wear or how much make-up is appropriate. I came across a video of a resident saying she would "immediately fail" any candidates wearing heels. I could go on with all the absurd things I read and/or watched but that would span a few paragraphs. 

Pictured are outfits I wore to my PPS Interviews during Midyear. I wore heels. I wore make-up. I got a ton of reception invites. Moral of the story. Wear something that makes you feel confident. Yes, do stay within the conservative and professional realm but don't forget to have some fun with it. I also created a YouTube video of actual looks I wore to interviews beyond PPS. 

Don't forget, you can see all of my Pharmacy Blog Content here.


Adrienne Nguyen_Pharmaceutical Indutry_PharmD Fellowship_Pharmacist

What to Wear to ASHP Midyear _ Adrienne Nguyen PharmD

Adrienne Nguyen Pharmacist_PharmD Pharmacy Blog

PPS Midyear Post Presentation_Adrienne Nguyen


XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

0 Comments