Hôtel Beige and Galeries Lafayette: Paris

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Adrienne Nguyen_Galeries Lafayette in Paris France_Luxury Shopping

Bonjour mes amis! I'm taking you to a bucket list location... PARIS, FRANCE! After finishing up work around Europe and England, I took my first long PTO to Paris! I ventured to the city of love alone but it's impossible to be lonely! From numerous stores scattered around the city to boulangeries in every corner, I looked forward to a new adventure every minute! I had to break up my Parisian series into a couple of posts or it would be terribly long! Click to see more and stay tuned for the rest of my trip!

Charles de Gaulle to Paris

I flew from Copenhagen to Paris on SAS. I landed at Charles de Gaulle and requested a private transfer from my hotel. I stayed at Hôtel Beige in the 9th arrondissement which I believe is in a prime location. It is in a residential area but there was no shortage of restaurants, cafes, boulangeries or markets!

Adrienne Nguyen_Hotel Beige in the 9th arrondissement Paris France_Solo Traveller

The hotel welcomed me with fruit and daily water! I had a lovely stay at Hôtel Beige and my room even had a balcony! Even though it was blazing hot during my time in Paris, I kept my windows open when I was back at the hotel so I could immerse myself into Parisian life. From the sound of vespas to people conversing en français, I absorbed these simple noises and it invigorated me. 

Galeries Lafayette Rooftop View of Opera House and Eiffel Tower_Adrienne Nguyen_Paris Travel

As much as I adored my room, I wanted to explore Paris immediately. The first place I went was Galeries Lafayette! I spent so much time wandering around the ground floor before making my way up to the roof! The specific location is Galeries Lafayette Haussmann. It's next door to Printemps Haussmann and I could spend all day in those malls. If you're looking to splurge, this is the place to be! To all my American friends, prices for designer goods are cheaper in Europe. I was abroad when the euro was more powerful than the USD however, I really do wish I was able to hop back over to take advantage of the euro taking a dip!

Adrienne Nguyen_Galeries Lafayette Interior_Paris Shopping Spree
Adrienne Nguyen_Jewelry at Galeries Lafayette_Luxury Shopping
Adrienne Nguyen_Parisian Cafe in Paris France_Paul Boulangerie_Chicken Sandwich

Of course, I had to try some local bites! PAUL came highly recommended on Tripadvisor so I had to visit the one near the malls. It started to rain as I made my way to the bakery and the heavy downpour began as I stepped foot into the store. Most shops in Paris have formulas which is equivalent to a "combo" meal in America. I got a chicken sandwich, apple tart and Coke.

Adrienne nguyen_Passage des panoramas and Passage Jouffroy

A lesser known place you should put on your itinerary? The covered passageways lined with restaurants and unique shops. I went into Passage des Panoramas and Passage Jouffroy. They are right across the street from each other so you can visit both if you're in the area.

Adrienne Nguyen_Passage Jouffroy_Shopping in Paris

My adventure in Paris took place late June 2022 which is why it was gloomy and occasionally raining.

Adrienne Nguyen_Palais Opera_Opera Garnier_Paris Travel

The opera house, Palais Garnier, was undergoing some sort of renovation during my time in Paris. You can purchase tickets to go inside however, on the one day I was free, the opera house was closed off for a private event.

Adrienne Nguyen_Paris Flower Market_What to Do in Paris

This was the flower shop right in front of my hotel!

Adrienne Nguyen_Eiffel Tower_Paris Travel Diary

Here's a close-up of the Eiffel Tower from the roof of Galeries Lafayette.

Adrienne Nguyen_Passage Jouffroy
Adrienne Nguyen_Umbrella Store in Paris France_Les Parapluies de Cherbourg
Adrienne Nguyen_Explore Paris with Me_Solo Travel Diaries

The above photos just show you some more snippets of shops in the covered passageways.

Adrienne Nguyen_Luxury Travel Diaries_Galeries Lafayette

I have no words to describe the beauty of Galeries Lafayette. Even if you're not into luxury goods, do go to admire the views both inside and on the roof!

Adrienne Nguyen_Inside Galeries Lafayette_Luxury Shopping in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Galeries Lafayette Rooftop Views
Adrienne Nguyen_Parisian Cafe Outdoor Dining
Adrienne Nguyen_Interior Roof of Galeries Lafayette_Shopping in Paris
Adrienne Nguyen_Christian Louboutin Perfume
Adrienne Nguyen_Hotel Beige Salon Lobby Area_Hotel in 9th arrondissement

If you're not subscribed to me on YouTube. Check out my channel for travel vlogs!

Stay tuned for more!

XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

0 Comments