Linton T. Simmons :: Purple Zig-Zags

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


CIRCULATING MEMORIES. My mom and I were in Garden Grove so we decided to make a detour to my old elementary school. Though I did not spend my entire childhood academic career (K-6) at this school, it contains some of the memories I will hold on to for a long time if not forever. I can recall every injury I received while I was at this school from monkey bar blisters, scratches from accidentally rolling down the slides (literally!), handballs bouncing around and hitting me, to a girl stabbing me in the hand with a pencil... the lead piece was lodged into my hand which I still think is there... ANYWAYS, elementary school laid the foundation of my musical passion. I began playing my violin in 3rd or 4th grade, I was in the school choir, and I played in after-school music ensembles (I loved playing the xylophone!). I then joined the school orchestra after developing my skills and that was the catalyst for my appreciation of classical music. I was that girl who you always found in orchestra year after year. In high school, I ended up becoming concert master! Thinking back, I should have taken advantage of my "power." Yes, I know, live life without any regrets however, I was too naive to actually understand the importance of the position I held. I enjoyed being part of an ensemble and I truly do miss it. I decided to join an additional group and I met incredible violinists in the Vietnamese American Philharmonic. I wish I had more time to enjoy the simple things in life. 

When I laid this outfit out, I wanted to add a pop of hot pink but things always look radically different when I put it on. Does that ever happen to you guys? You think it looks good on the hanger and then you put it on, look at the mirror and your immediate reaction is WHAT THE ****!? Haha. Following that reaction, I decided to pair this outfit with some pale pinks. Of course, I could not resist adding some bold color into my outfit thus why I have carrot sunnies on!





// Taylor Dresses Dress: Purchase HERE // Marco Santi Platforms // Dior Sunnies //

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. gorgeous dress!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely dress!!

    http://noissapym.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress and sunnies!

    xoxo, Diana
    http://www.xoxodiana.com
    The Neon Factor ☠

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love that dress, you look beautiful!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this dress is amazing! sunnies rocks too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chevron is definitely my favorite print right now (In light grey or black). You look great in this dress.


    xo
    Maggie A
    Love Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress!!!

    http://stylearua.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Twitter

LinkedIn

Google +