, , , , , ,

Black and White Scallop

Monday, November 30, 2015


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends - I avoided turkey and consuming large amounts of starchy foods so I didn't experience any food coma, whew! Maybe it's just me but holidays on the East Coast seem so much better. The snow. The homes. The decor. The warmth... Looking at all the holiday inspiration on Tumblr conjured up a lot of ideas and emotion. Plus, I love layering so colder temperatures would definitely suffice my desires. Possibly I'll be an East Coaster someday... A girl can dream, right?

Instead of waking up in the wee hours of the night, I decided to do some late afternoon shopping on Black Friday. Most of the good stuff was gone but I wanted to avoid the crowds... Boy, was I wrong. The amount of cars trying to get in and out of South Coast Plaza was insane - especially, with all those cones blocking parking areas. But once I made it out of the traffic, it was fairly easy to find parking underground. I scored some amazing things that I'll soon share on my instagram @adriennenguyenn

Holidays call for symphony concerts, the opera, themed musicals and other festivities. This is an outfit I would wear to a day concert - it's simple, in that it's black and white, yet sophisticated. An added bonus is this entire ensemble is comfortable! I love this newly acquired crochet/lace crop top from Sister Jane. My mom added a DIY satin black bow since it was plain without any neck details. Instead of opting for black skinny pants, I went for a more feminine and classic look with palazzo pants from Kensie. Since I am quite petite, I am always looking for ways to elongate my frame. The best way to achieve this, during colder seasons, is with high-waisted, flare pants. I also get to hide my sky high platforms! To add a hint of pizzazz, I paired my rather classic outfit with leopard print platform Mary-Janes by Pelle Moda. Until next time!



// SISTER JANE White Lace Crochet Crop Top // KENSIE PRETTY Black High Waisted Button Palazzo Pants // PELLE MODA Leopard Calf Hair High Heeled Mary Janes // CHANEL Sunnies //

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the is size of the top you wear. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete