,

Farewell Summer

Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's that time again... grab your notebooks and laptops and be prepared to face another year in school.

This bizarre weather is giving me headaches. I was driving home and I saw thunder bolts everywhere in the sky.  However, I do love this gloomy weather. Now I can dress up in fall clothing - my favorite season!

I cannot believe that the first week of school has already passed. I have a midterm in Genetics next week- the second week of school! This is, by far, the earliest I will take a midterm. This weekend will be dedicated toward finishing my online Chemistry homework, writing a discussion for lab, and studying for Biology. I shall put off Philosophy until after next week. Hopefully my discussion leader for that class doesn't make us discuss The Existence of Good, Evil, and God. 

The schedule up there was mine at the beginning of the quarter, but after attending all the lectures zero week, I decided to drop Introduction to Ethics (Philosophy 4). I do  not believe that I have time to read Plato's Republic or Utilitarianism. Therefore, I dropped the class. However, I still need to take classes in category 4 to fulfill my G.E.'s so I might actually take this class in the future.

Run Down of my classes thus far:

Genetics 97: Professor Yi teaches as a fast rate but he spends time on each aspect such as DNA replication. Hopefully the rumors on ratemyprofessor.com aren't true. According to this site, my professor is the hardest Biology professor for 97. Well, I will study as much as I can and see how I score on the midterm coming up this Friday. Never give up and prove them all wrong.

Organic Chemistry 51A: Professor King's method of teaching is effective. She is able to keep everyone awake since you are consistently writing and changing pen colors! Her teaching method is similar to my previous Chemistry 1C professor.

Organic Chemistry Lab: The safety portion of the lab took way too long! They make it seem like we haven't seen the woman spill acid on the other woman yet. The first experiment did take an extremely long time though. My lab partner and I stayed until 12:10PM but lab ended at 11:50AM. We used and broke so many capillary tubes... 

Introduction to Philosophy: The class seems like any typical philosophy class... so far I haven't really touched any of the material. I bought the books but that's about it. I will start soon but it isn't on the top of my priorities list.

Taking a break to make this:


Isn't everything on here just plain cute?

Pictures of my daily adventures will be posted up in the near future. Possibly after next week when I find more time to do things (:

Till then.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments